Thursday, November 1, 2007

Educational Toys

The toys market is very huge now, but I find that not all toys benefit the children. There are so many toys which is based on animation movie and actually promote violent and no other useful value. When come to shopping for toys, I prefer educational toys that will stimulate the child’s mind and rouse and interest on them to find out more.

Wood blocks , lego, mega blocks are my favorite, but I’m also looking into scientific toys that can teach the kids about science. We have quite limited choice on these educational choice at our local toys store. All I could find are some simple binocular sets.

To get some more sophisticated and quality science toys, I have to turn to the internet. At Edmund Scientific , there is a wide range of educational toys, ranging from astronomy, chemistry, Motors , Optics to Robotics. One can really be spoilt with choices here and all are really educational. I believe through playing and working with these toys, a child learn best instead of reading through the monotonous text book.

Check out www.scientificsonline.com for all the cool stuffs.

No comments: